Shopping to kill time!

Yesterday we had a apt to bring the SUV in to get w/e is wrong w/the a/c fixed. The autobody is in Wilbraham so we werent going to drive back home and then back to get the car later on...
We dropped it off for 8am, so we needed to find stuff to do in the mean time!!
It was just me and Dave, Kait slept @ my parents the night before. So Dave took me to breakfast @ this little cafe in the center of town.
After that we went back to CVS and used my BOGO Vive Shampoo Coupon on the BOGO sale! Soo yep i got them for FREEE!
Then went to the bank -- ew i soo hate going to the bank!! Goodbye money!
After that we went to TRU. I had two 15% off coupons and a $3.00 off coupon on this laugh and learn doggie.

When we walked in i had to insanly pee my brains out [ohh the joys of being pregnant!]...so in the mean time dave went up to the heard of TRU employees and asked if you can use 2 coupons on one item and more than one % off coupon if your buying more than one item. The girl he talked to was a mang. and said YES the cashier will just have to force it threw. Okay fine so we go on our marry shopping way.
We get up to the register, she rings everything threw including one 15% off coupon and the $3.00 coupon...then he looks @ the 2nd 15% off coupon and says "ohh you cant use this, i already used one" uhgg of course! In the mean time Dave got a phone call he had to take, so i told the woman what dave had told me and she looked @ me like i had 10 heads! Finally i was like umm are you going to get a manager?! So she did, and when she explained it to this girl she looked at us and kinda sighed like she didn't want to be dealing with this. Still Dave is on the phone...the girl says "...and who told you this?" i said i don't know my husband asked someone, i wasn't there! she looked at me like i was total BS. So finally she decides to get on her headset and ask the REAL manager...she said "did someone tell a guest they could use more than one of the same coupon?" the manager comes back and says "as long as they have more than one item, they can use more than one coupon!!" It seemed like as soon as the manager said it was okay this other girl knew exactly what to do to force the coupon threw! mmm funny how that works!!!
So my receipt looked like this:
  1. Laugh & Learn Puppy - Orig. $21.99-$3.00 off Making it $18.99 w/another 15% off=$16.14!
  2. Tag Pink Leap Frog Pen - Orig. $49.99 - 15% off = $42.49!
  3. Shirt for Kait on clearance - Tag said $8.50 when she rang it up it came up $6.64!
Our total was - $68.20!!!
The first 2 things are xmas presents for the kids!

Ohh and this is the tag pen!One more thing...yesterday Dave and i were cleaning out my car, he found a scratch ticket under the seat and said are these no good? i said yea they are losers...well he looked @ it and i had def. won $2 -- i def. dont remember when it was from! So today i turned it in and got another...i won $25!!!
Im def. not a gambler by any means but ill buy a ticket once and a while if i have 2 bux or w/e, and everytime i do it like that i WIN!! Back in april i randomly bought a ticket w/my mom and i won $400!! Its fun once and a while, but i def. cant see my self doing it everyday like alot of people do! Def. not the frugalist!!

Comments

  1. I love the vive bogo deal. I have like 12 free bottles of shampoo and conditoner....I also had my mom buy Trev the tag today. It will be his big present from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the linky-love! Your blog is too cute! I can't find anyone to take my baby coupons off my hands. leave me a note on my blog iffin you want them and I'll hook you up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please remember rude or offensive comments will be deleted -- no excuses!

Popular posts from this blog

GIVE AWAY!!!! [Scentsy!]

Pink Princess Bow Holder GIVE AWAY!!!!

Oh So Cute Bow Give Away!