Incisional Hernia

So back to the other life form that seems to be growing in my abdomen [not the baby].

Yesterday my mom had me look up something on webMD so after she was done i started looking around on it, rite in front of my face was HERNIA, so i figured id look around a little bit.
The only thing that made since was Incisional Hernia. The reason i says that is because back in 2000 i had a Fundoplication surgery done cause i was aspirating food into my lungs causing me to have GERD. They did it laparoscopicly so i have about 5 small incisions around my belly. Coincidently rite on top of this bump is one of the scars!!
Everything i read about it makes total since!!
This is what it says...
  • An incisional hernia occurs in the abdomen in the area of an old surgical scar.
  • A part of an organ in the abdomen, such as the bowel or intestines, protrudes through the weakened area of the abdominal wall. [Thats what the bump actually is]
  • Incisional hernias occur in people who have had previous abdominal surgery, and are more likely to occur in people who are obese or pregnant.
  • Excessive weight gain, physical activity that places pressure on the abdomen, pregnancy, straining during bowel movements because of constipation, severe vomiting, or chronic and intense coughing causes the scar tissue to thin or stretch.
  • Hernia can often be pushed gently back into place. This is called a reducible hernia. When a hernia cannot be pushed back into place, it means a piece of the organ has become trapped, or incarcerated<--cant push it back
Uhgg soo i guess ill start planning my surgery now!! Its minor tho..i had to have my embiblical hernia i got w/Kait fixed rite after her. They put a screen in the hole, so that it doesn't pop threw anymore. Im going to REMEMBER this time to ask my OB next appointment and have him refer me to a surgeon -- i didn't like my last one too much!
Thought id update you all a little bit=)

Comments

  1. Hey Tammy- Gosh, I wish through all of this "bump" thing you've been talking about you had mentioned that you had abdominal surgery before... I just had surgery a few weeks ago and they specfically told me NOT to lift anything over 20 pounds for atleast a month because a hernia could form! But I suppose if you had that surgery 8 years ago it has nothing to do with lifting... It must be from being pregnant like you said. Anyways, good luck with that. Hopefully it's just minor and they can do it laproscopically again!
    ~ Marisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please remember rude or offensive comments will be deleted -- no excuses!

Popular posts from this blog

GIVE AWAY!!!! [Scentsy!]

Pink Princess Bow Holder GIVE AWAY!!!!