ACN - Don't do it!!!


A few weeks ago my Husband and I were approached with a business franchise opportunity from a member of our family. From the little information we had, it sounded like a great idea -- It was to help people save money on their electric bills. Well my Husband finally called the number of the man he was told to call, and spoke with him for about a half hour. I had gone over a few questions with my Husband on what questions he should ask. Every time he asked a question the man would just say "come to the meeting at my house" "you can ask the guy that will be speaking at my house tonight" etc etc. None of the real important questions were answered: 1) Whats the name of this company? 2) Any catches? 3) Anything we have to pay?
So he went to the meeting at this guys house. The family member that told us about this business went with my husband to find out more for their self too. Well upon my husband coming back home, we were still left with alot of questions. I had lots of bad feelings about this. I'm the type of person that when I get a bad gut feeling, it won't go away if it really is bad! But for some reason with some reassureance from family members we decided to take the next step, which was to go to a conference at a hotel in Connecticut which is a good 50 min drive from where we live.
In the mean time before this conference and after getting the company name, I of course started googling this company -- I was directed to LOTS of blog posts about why not to do it [where I got the idea to post one of my own], also lots of you tube videos. It wasn't so much the videos that left a bad taste in my mouth, but the comments attached to the videos! But of course cause we had family that we trust to give us the right direction, we just bypassed all the negative and went to this meeting. When I walked into the conference room I felt extremely uncomfortable, I'm not sure if it was because they had the AC set at 50 degrees [felt like it], or the men and women dressed in very serious business attire... or could have also been the overwhelming response we got from these men and woman when we walked in -- "HI I'M ____ & I'M ____ & THIS IS _____" ... right like I'm going to remember all that? And like me telling you all my name, is going to matter? Probably not! But whatever we sat there and froze and listened to this "life changing opportunity"and learned the ins and outs of how to get people to to join under us... We were then handed clipboards with the paper on it to sign up! Our family member that had already joined offered to pay for our $499 start up fee [the fee is to get you started, you know set up your website that prob costs someone $5 to do... to just link your name to the site]. So w/e since they were going to pay for us to join, i guess there wasn't much for us to loose...right? WRONG! Then we start to learn about how you get your friends to come to your house, and you get to lie to them and act like a sleezy person just to get them to fall for this game just like we did! I'm sorry but thats not who we are!!! After getting home, I started reading more and more you tube comments about how horrible this company is and how many people regret have ever joining or even thinking about joining!!! We then called the person who paid for us, and told them we were done!! They were able to switch names around and someone else is using our account now. I'm just so glad I finally listened to my gut and got out of this right away! I'm still pissed at myself for even letting it get as far as I did!!! I appreciate my friends and family far to much to lie to them just to get them to join our up line! Please, please, please think before joining ACN!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVE AWAY!!!! [Scentsy!]

Pink Princess Bow Holder GIVE AWAY!!!!